BUFFALO BONELESS BITES
This was the second most popular item on our menu. Customers loved it and couldn't get enough! It can make a great side dish, can go into any type of bread e.g. burger bun, burrito, pitta etc or great as a main meal with some chips on the side.
Servings: 4 People
- If Deep Frying: Fryer filled with Oil OR a Pan filled with about an inch of rapeseed oil
- If Baking: an Oven or Air Fryer
Boneless Chicken Pieces
- 600 grams Chicken Breast (Diced)
- 150 grams Crunchy: Bird Dust Pack (250g) (available in our shop)
- 200 ml Buttermilk (see our Buttermilk Hack)
- 180 ml Franks Hot Sauce (available in our shop)
- 120 grams Butter
- 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder (Optional)
- 4 Lemon wedges
- 4 Red Chilli (finely cut) approx 12 slices
- 4 Chives or Parsley or Coriander (finely cut)
- Pour the franks hot sauce into a bowl
- Melt the butter until it's runny and add to the franks hot sauce
- (optional) If adding the garlic powder, add it now
- Give it all a good mix and voila! You've made your own Buffalo Sauce
- Dice your chicken breast into cubes around 3cm thick
- Marinate the chicken in buttermilk overnight (see our WGFC Buttermilk Hack). If you're short on time, aim for at least 2 hours
- Spread our Bird Dust onto a plate, then press the chicken pieces firmly into the mixture
- (Optional) Want it crunchier? Dip the coated chicken back into the buttermilk and then back into the coating one more time.
- Once the the chicken's fully coated, let it rest for 20 minutes in the fridge. Trust us, it makes all the difference!
- (Optional) If you're like us and you don't like small patches on your chicken that aren't coated. Use any leftover coating to give it a final coating, just before cooking
- Deep fry at 165°C (350°F) until fully cooked. Want less oil? Use our Spray & Bake Oil (see our shop) and oven bake at 200°C (390°F) or Air Fry until cooked
- Pour your Buffalo Sauce over the cooked chicken and garnish appropriately. Say grace, because your crunchy buttermilk fried chicken is now ready to devour.
- Make some extra. You can enjoy it the next day. It's great cold in sandwiches, burgers or on it's own