VEGAN FAUX CHICKEN
It's shocking how close some vegan proteins are to the taste and texture of chicken. We've been experimenting and came up with a perfect recipe for tasting our fried 'chicken' whilst keeping it vegan. We call it Vegan Faux Chicken.
Servings: 4 people
- If Deep Frying: Fryer filled with Oil OR a Pan filled with about an inch of rapeseed oil
- If Baking: an Oven or Air Fryer
Vegan Faux Chicken
- 600 grams Quorn OR Seitan in Cubes or Strips
- 250 ml Sweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp (Optional) Apple Cider OR White Wine Vinegar
(Select One) Bird Dust Coatings
- Cut your Quorn or Seitan into cubes or slices
- (Optional) Mix the vinegar with the Almond Milk – this makes the almond milk a little sour to give a similar taste to buttermilk.
- Dip the cut pieces into the Almond Milk
- Spread our Bird Dust onto a plate, then press the pieces firmly into the coating
- (Optional) Want it crunchier? Dip the coated pieces back into the almond milk and then back into the coating one more time.
- Once the the pieces are fully coated, let them rest for 5-10 minutes.
- (Optional) If you're like us and you don't like small patches that aren't coated. Use any leftover coating to give it a final coating, just before cooking
- Deep fry at 165°C (350°F) until coating crisps up. Want less oil? Use our Spray & Bake Oil (see our shop) and oven bake at 200°C (390°F) or Air Fry until cooked
- Your Vegan Faux Chicken is ready. Try it in a burger bun or eat plain with some vegan mayo or sweet chilli sauce