CRUNCHY BUTTERMILK FRIED CHICKEN BURGERS
This was by far our most popular item on the menu. The feedback was just amazing and our customers absolutely loved it. The best part was customers were able to customise every burger to themselves with about 30 separate filling options. Now you can do the exact same at home.
Servings: 4 Burgers
- If Deep Frying: Fryer filled with Oil OR a Pan filled with about an inch of rapeseed oil
- If Baking: an Oven or Air Fryer
Crunchy Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 800 grams Chicken Breast
- 1 pack Crunchy: Bird Dust Pack (250g) (see our shop)
- 200 ml Buttermilk (see our Buttermilk Hack)
- 4 Brioche Burger Buns
- Red Onion
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Kewpie Mayo (or regular mayo)
- Cut your chicken fillets into slices around 1cm thick or 200g in weight
- Marinate the chicken in buttermilk overnight (see our WGFC Buttermilk Hack).
- Spread our Bird Dust onto a plate, then press the chicken pieces firmly into the mixture
- (Optional) Want it crunchier? Dip the coated chicken back into the egg/milk (or buttermilk) mixture and then back into the coating one more time.
- Once the the chicken's fully coated, let it rest for 20 minutes in the fridge. Trust us, it makes all the difference!
- Deep fry at 165°C (350°F) until fully cooked. Want less oil? Use our Spray & Bake Oil (see our shop) and oven bake at 200°C (390°F) or Air Fry until cooked
- Say grace, because your crunchy buttermilk fried chicken is now ready to devour. Load into your brioche buns and add our recommended fillings or choose your own